Automotive & Engine Industries
Increasing fuel economy and simultaneously reducing emissions is a permanent challenge for the engine designer. To solve this optimization problem in the best possible way, detailed insight is required into the complex chemistry-flow interactions that have a pronounced effect on fuel ignition and combustion behavior, and pollutant emission. To that end, ROTEXO's expert knowledge and COSILAB's unique detailed-chemistry software tools help reducing the number of costly and time-consuming test-rig investigations drastically. Thereby companies save precious development costs and time, and hence reduce the time-to-market for their products -- engines, exhaust systems, and catalysts.
Typical COSILAB applications of customers from automotive or engine industries include, for example,
- simulation of in-cylinder ignition and combustion,
- turbulence-chemistry interactions,
- effects of fuel additives or alternative fuels,
- auto-ignition and engine knock,
- computation of methane, octance and cetane numbers,
- calculation of flame speeds and burning velocities, and
- catalytic aftertreatment.
Besides COSILAB, ROTEXO offers a palette of professional services. These range from the development of customized COSILAB models, over the development of special physical or chemical models, up to the development of fully individual software solutions that point out key areas for improvement and that can be maintained onside for continued use.